Banovallum School canteen provides healthy nutritional meals in accordance with healthy school regulations.
We provide hot and cold choices for morning break and lunchtime. At lunchtime we also serve a daily main meal choice of both meat and vegetarian options.
A cashless service is in operation which can be paid to your child’s account via ParentPay. This system is proving popular with parents, as not only do they know what is being spent, but their child's itemised purchases can also be viewed. The school has set a daily spend limit of £6.00 for each pupil, but parents can choose to amend this if they wish by contacting us.
Dining room service times
Breakfast 8am – 8.45am
Breaktime 11.15am – 11.35am
Lunchtime 1.40pm – 2.30pm
For further information please do not hesitate to contact Kelly Beard, Catering Manager.
School Meal Menu
Please see below our canteen menus; these are done on a rolling four week basis. We also have daily specials and themed event days that students will find on the notice board in the canteen and a regular choice of wraps, sandwiches, paninis, salad & fruit. If you require any more detailed information or if your child has any special dietary needs please do not hesitate to contact us on [email protected]
- Banovallum School Break Daily Menu
- Banovallum School Lunch Menu Week 1
- Banovallum School Lunch Menu Week 2
- Banovallum School Lunch Menu Week 3
- Catering Service Banovallum Autumn 2023
- Food Standards in Schools Autumn 2023 Certificate
Free School Meals
Children are entitled to receive free school meals if they or their parents or guardians receive any of the benefits below:
- Universal Credit, provided they have an annual net earned income not exceeding £7,400 (£616.67 per month)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by HMRC
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
How can I claim free school meals?
If you think you might be eligible for free school meals, please click on this link for more information Free School Meals or contact the school office who will be pleased to assist you with an application.